Bloodline - Chapter 7: I promise you that



22nd November 2016
When we say "I dreamed all night", it's not uncommon. But most people don't know that their dreams didn't last for whole night but mere for a few seconds. Maby for twenty minutes but that's top. The dreams are changing too and we can have something about five dreams in one night. Sometimes even more. And every single person, every single place we dream about, we have already seen in our life. A stranger in a shop, that nice tree across the street - every little detail our brain processed and hid and when the time came, used it in our dreams. Why? Because human brain just can't create details or emotions we haven't seen or felt.

So when my body ran through dark forest, jumping over branches and stones, I knew I was dreaming. I had to be because there was no way in my life I would be dressed in those clothes I was wearing. Let alone won't be able decide what my next move would be. Nope. This had to be dream and crazy one.

I was running in the night through woods I didn't recognized, wearing a wool dress like some wench from Middle Ages and wasn't even scared. That totally couldn't be me because I was scared of spiders, unexpected noises and everything else which I considered unexpected.
But still, I ran for my life and felt only determination. I didn't look over my shoulder, just ran as fast as I could deeper into the forest, until I saw a fire. Actually torches stuck in the ground forming a circle and once I stood in it, I knew I have won.
There were shadows crawling on the ground, trying to get closer to me. But when I looked, really looked, they stopped and formed a man. A handsome man with long black hair, he wore simply clothes and had so beautiful smile it hurt my heart.

"We don't have to do this, love," he said and I felt something disgusting crawl under my skin.

"You won't fool me with his face! I know exactly what you are." It wasn't my voice, but I've never really heard someone speak with so much resolution.

"I was trying to be pleasant to look at. Maybe try to convince you to join me. Like one of your sisters did."

Suddenly I felt sharp pain, an ache inside of me. My sister. "I killed her." The man didn't look surprised, maybe even pleased.

"Amira, Amira... What am I going to do with you. I can't have you just running around, ruining my plans. I have to do something about it since none of my minions succeeded."

"I was a bait. And now," I said with so much relief and satisfaction at the same time,"now you are trapped."

He just grinned and tried to ran to me but invisible barrier threw him on the ground. "That is impossible! You can't have so much power!"

It was my turn to grin. "What makes you think I am alone?"
When realization hit him, he started to laugh. Evil laugh only demons are capable of. And then he shifted but because he wasn't from our world, he couldn't change to his full form and became a giant ever-changing shadow instead. Which didn't make him less dangerous though. It hurt my eyes to look at him, especially my right eye. Power radiated from him but I stood my ground as did my allies. From all of them, I brought the biggest sacrifice.

"You did something you can't handle! Release me and maybe, just maybe, I won't kill everyone you hold dear."

He was angry, I could feel that. Angry at me but mostly at himself that he fell for my trap. I lifted my arms to the sky and began to chant. The wind began howling and carried my words to others. The fire of torches around me grew stronger.

"I will kill you! I will! I promise you that, Amira! You and your bloodline until every single person who has your blood is destroyed!"

Blood was boiling under my skin, my clothes were damp on me and I didn't stop even when my nose started to bleed. The strength others gave me was quickly draining but I was gaining power even from the earth itself. "Sometimes we have to sacrifice ourselves to get rid of evil, even if it should interfere across the centuries."

"Then I will destroy your soul!"

"Good luck with that."

I woke up with jerk, staring up at my ceiling. On my bedside table there was my phone. I checked the date. Okay, I was out for one day give or take. No Erika this time. Actually everything was quiet. Again. I got out of my bed and walked towards my door, passing a mirror. Erika said something about a gift and for the first time I was able to see what actually she meant. One blue eye, the other one green. It looked like heterochromia, at least that I could say. Now what with the rest of me? There were no visible changes but what about supernatural creatures? Will they perceive me differently? There was only way to find about it.

I went downstairs, taking slowly each step because I didn't like the silence in our house. It reminded me of the forest in my dream. Being in that situation I don't know how I would react. Obviously not so calm. Standing in the kitchen, there was no one to be found. "Erika?" I highly doubted Erika would leave me alone. But hey, everything was possible. "Aunt Eri-" Something hit me from behind in my back and I fell on my knees. Blood rushed into my head as I lifted my arm and without thinking and looking over my shoulder I threw behind myself a chair with my newly found powers.

"Holy fuck!" someone exclaimed. Or at least I thought it was only chair but soon find out it was whole table with all chairs we had there.

I stood up and turned around only to see Erika with Lynda stand there in a pile of broken furniture. "Oh my god, are you alright?" I asked with wide eyes, almost afraid to move.

Erika just clicked with her tongue. "Well, we have to work on that but the tattoo did a good job too."
Wait, what? "What? Are you sane?! I was terrified who was there! Couldn't you just say I'm here like a normal person?!"

"Where's the fun in that? You've got the proper welcome of Wolff family after your Awakening."

"You've got to be kidding me." I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt. So after everything that happened, after that agonizing dream I was forced to live through and those hallucinations, my aunt decided to do this.

"You have to train, you have to be ready. I thought you knew that."

"That's not the fucking point, Erika!" I yelled at her, anger rising in my body, projecting itself even outside of it. "I woke up alone in my room from something I can't even describe, I don't know what's happening to me and the first thing you do is firing something at me just to find out how will I react?!" In one second, there was nothing, in the other one with a new blink I saw magic that was flowing through Erika's veins, I saw a purplish air shifting around her hands and as soon as I looked at her, it was gone.

"Mom? Are you there? What the fuck is happening?" That was Peter's voice. Obviously he came to look for his mother and pulled me out of my trance. Lynda looked relieved, she just stepped over the broken things and went to the door. I was still staring at Erika, wondering what the hell happened right now.

"Peter, it's alright now."

"There was this weird wind, I thought something happened here."

"Where is the Godfrey boy?"

"Home I think, we returned an hour ago. Is really everything okay?" There was slight trace of uncertainty in his voice and Lynda finally gave in.

"Abigail's awake."

"Oh."

And with that oh it was clear as a blue sky. Erika knew something she didn't tell me. Even Rumancek's family knew more than I did. I did had my doubts about undergoing this freaking stuff but I did it for revenge and tried to ignore all the signs of depression that was creeping upon me. I lost my parents and didn't grieve. I hungrily absorbed every new information Erika gave me just to keep myself occupied with something, anything.

Maybe if it weren't for those hallucinations or heartbreaking dream, I would be good. But now I was just sad, hurt and mostly really pissed off.

And that's how I found myself on the ground, falling apart in front of my aunt with Peter and Lynda on our doorstep.

Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky