Bloodline - Chapter 1: The Accident

I’ve decided to write a story of my own for Hemlock Grove. First of all I want to say a few things.
1. You can read this story as Roman Godfrey/Reader. You can. Just because it isn’t written in mostly used style for this type of pairing doesn’t mean it can’t be done.
2. Or you can read it as Roman/Originale female character. Still I’ll try to use her name not so much.
3. It’ll be slow build so have a patience. Also English isn’t my mother language so sorry for mistakes or typos. :) It’s my first story for this fandom and I hope you will like it….



Chapter 1


If somebody told me two years ago what I know today, I wouldn't believe him. Hell, I wouldn't even believe myself and that's something. Even though my beginning was hard and not so calm as I'd like, I got a hold of it, all of it.
Two years ago my parents died in the most unnatural car crash I have ever seen. I know, how a car crash can be unnatural when everytime someone dies not from old age or sickness is unnatural. Fuck me if I know how exactly they died because I don't know it even today. My sorry ass was the only one left. Those horrible moments right and long after the crash are still burnt in my mind like it all happened yesterday.

15th October 2016

Every single bone in my body ache. I was lying on hard cool road unable to move and couldn't fathom how did I get my sorry ass out of the car. Just a few minutes ago everything was good.
We were on road for a few hours when mum mentioned how it would be great to invite whole family for my birthday – even my dad's sister. I vaguely remembered her but she had to be just dad's female version since they were twins.
And even though my father didn't communicated with her, she never forgot my birthday so every single year there was birthday card adressed to me in our post box with wishful thinking that dad would allow her to visit me. Dad's voice brought me back as he snapped something at mum and she back at him. It was shitty place to have a fight – it was close to midnight so outside was dark as fuck and the only source of light were car's lights. I wasn't feeling well how my parent's fight was turning out so I tried to be invisible in the backseat. Then dad hit the steering wheel with so much strength it actually made a thud noise, cutting my mother out in middle of her sentence.

"I don't want her there, are we clear?!" He never told us what happened between them but mum told me it was some time after my sixth birthday my aunt wasn't welcomed anymore.

"Dad, you're driving, calm down," I said with trembling voice when I noticed the car was gaining speed. Trees outside were just a dark green blur and sky totally black without stars or moon. Mum was silent, looking ahead like a fucking statue and didn't say a word. That was for the first time. 

"Dad? You're going too fast, slow down!"

I saw how his eyes flicked to the rear-view mirror and then back to the road. "Mum? Say something to him, please!" I grabbed my belt with both hands and thought my heart will jump out of my chest and dad stepped on the gas once more. I was fucking terrified. "What the fuck's wrong with you two?!" Blood was pounding in my head so loud I couldn't make out the words dad said when I saw his jaw moving. He had to be saying something. And then his eyes flickered again in the mirror. There was something wrong with him. I've never seen eyes so dark and full of hatred. There was something oh so very wrong with him and I wasn't even sure if it was my dad at all. With slowly reaching hand to my mother's shoulder, I tried to check her in the wing mirror, but all I saw was just her neck and ear. "Mum?" A little shake was everything it took. Her head fell on her right shoulder, eyes still open and if it wasn't for the blood that ran down across her mouth and further on her shirt, I would tell it's just some stupid joke. But it wasn't and all I could do was focus on her lifeless eyes staring back at me. And then I screamed and he, who I tought was my father, was laughing.
I couldn't remember how the crash happened. I had closed eyes and refused to look around me. All I heard was my father's voice. "I will make this right. I promise you, I will make thi-" and then nothing.
I came to my senses while rolling down the road but still in safe distance from burning car and then stopped on my side, looking into the flames. Crushed stones were digging into my temple and I was pretty sure that my body had to be full of bruises and scratches alongside with ruined clothes. Everything in me hurt. My heart, my body, my mind. They told you losing someone close and important is like losing a part of you. And when the car exploded, I suddenly felt completely numb. I couldn't even cry, maybe I was going into shock. I could have lay there maybe for and hour? Maybe it was half the night, I don't know.
"Hey, guys! We've missed someone!" There was a faint sound of sirens in my ears. So someone had come to my rescue? I didn't move at all, not even blink so maybe I looked like a dead person. A fireman kneeled in front of me, speaking to me. I just blinked and looked at him so he would know I'm alive but won't move from the ache and fear. Everything else was blurry. How did I end up in ambulance with an officer by my side, asking me questions carefully. I didn't answer single one of them so he let me be.

Hospital wasn't so much fun either. A tons of examinations and my daily visitor was the officer from crime scene. When I slowly told him my name, his face lit up as he thought I'll talk some more. I didn't.
On the seventh day, somebody's screaming woke me up.
"I don't care what do you say! She's my niece for fuck's sake! Do you think I will quietly sit down and wait?!"
"Madam, please, this is hospital. You have to calm down. She isn't allowed to see anybody."
"Said who?"
"Her police guard just went for a coffee-"
"Well, that's a lame excuse!"
My room's door opened with a thud and I saw tall, darkhaired woman clothed in black. I knew exactly who she was even though I didn't see her for few years. She had the same stormy eyes as my father, which softened the moment she laid them on me.
"Aunt Erika?" Her name was from my lips before I could help myself and in moment she was by my side, hugging me carefuly and I allowed myself to cry for the first time. With her help I was able to say what happened. With some minor changes, like my mum was still alive, they had just an ugly fight when father realizes there is something wrong with our car's breaks so he told me to jump out of it. I couldn't tell him the truth. Erika was the whole time by my side, didn't say a word. She was just there. With me. For me. After a long investigation they came up with a conclusion, that my dad went suicidal but couldn't bare the thought of killing me so he told me to jump out of car. And why suicidal? Because our breaks were absolutely fine.
So our accident was truly a golden mine for the press and in our little town I became the celebrity. The girl whose father went suicidal. Let's say when they dismissed me from the hospital, I locked myself in our house for a whole week while Erika tried to get me to talk properly. But she knew I needed time and maybe a little change too, so we packed my things. More like Erika packed, because my broken ribs barely healed. My parent's stuff were in boxes which my aunt placed in our basement and then she brought me to her home. Hemlock Grove. And that's how I moved from Devil's mouth to his ass.
 

Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky